Position: Events Manager
Company and Position Profile:
Forhermyanmar is one of the largest online communities created exclusively for Myanmar women. We provide exclusive club memberships for students, career girls, and executives across Yangon, Mandalay and Nay Pyi Taw (other cities to be added shortly). Club memberships include surprise gift boxes each month, free entry to four exciting events each month, along with exclusive content and significant discount shopping opportunities with our online ecommerce partners.
Please visit our website www.forhermyanmar.com for more information.
Reports to: Project Manager
The Events Manager will spend the bulk of their time managing the logistics for their events (two per month). They will meet with venues and confirm dates and create the annual calendar in coordination with the Project Manager, coordinate with other team members in writing content, designing promotional materials, posting updates on social media, organizing speakers, organizing speaker gifts as well as reaching out and securing sponsorships for each program. Before each event, the Events Manager will create a run sheet and meet with each team member to assure they understand their role and responsibilities. During events, the Events Manager will greet speakers and VIPs and introduce them to Senior Management and then facilitate them in whatever they need during the event. The Events Manager should be able to work as part of a team and able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, be self-motivated with a positive attitude and have strong communications skills.
The Events Manager is always positive and supportive. The qualified candidate will also ensure members feel that the events they attend with For Her Myanmar makes them feel like they are part of an exclusive sisterhood, different from any other women’s program available in Myanmar. The events should create value for each member and help increase or extend their memberships in the club.
- Assist as part of the Marketing team reporting both positive and negative feedback to the appropriate department and senior management in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with all Marketing Executives – Club Member Sales and Support once per month for their feedback on their events, and maximize what members liked and resolve issues members did not like.
- Each Events Manager is responsible for generating a profit from all events. It is expected that each event will create a profit of 4 times cost to company (We’ll show you how to create a profit & loss statement). This document will be shared with senior management within one week after each event.
- Experience assisting or managing events for young, hip, aspirational Burmese women.
- Established memberships on social networks such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and Viber are highly desirable.
- Success in writing promotional content for B2C audiences of particular interest.
- Demonstrated ability to drive event attendance via email, social media and telephone.
- Previous experience negotiating with vendors preferred. Strong closing experience is ideal.
- Creative with good attention to detail.
- Excellent writing skills, grammar, and spelling in the Burmese language.
- Outstanding time management, organizational skills, and work ethic.
- Excellent spoken and written communications skills.
- Excellent inter-personal and listening skills.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, Internet, etc.).
- Willing to work some weekend days or evenings for their events. (Don’t worry – we’ll give you another day off after the event or you can come in late if you’re working an evening program.
- Strong communicator who pays attention to details and deadlines.
- Mature individual who commits realistically and takes accountability for his or her commitments.
- Excellent team player.
- Exceptionally organized and result oriented.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proactive individual who foresees problems, thinks creatively, and suggests solutions.
- Opportunity to improve your creativity and explore your limits.
- Unique experience in an international and entrepreneurial environment
- Unparalleled personal and professional improvement.
- Complete ownership of projects and red-tape free “work hard-party harder” environment.
- Opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, energetic team full of talented people to make history.
- Excellent base salary commensurate with experience along with very significant performance incentives.