Position: Content Writer – Health
Company and Position Profile:
Forhermyanmar is one of the largest online communities created exclusively for Myanmar women. We provide exclusive club memberships for students, career girls, and executives across Yangon, Mandalay and Nay Pi Taw (other cities to be added shortly). Club memberships include surprise gift boxes each month, free entry to four exciting events each month, along with exclusive content and significant discount shopping opportunities with our online ecommerce partners.
Please visit our website www.forhermyanmar.com for more information.
Reports to: Editor-in-Chief
The Content Writer will provide search-engine optimized subject matter in an international style, for web sites, blogs, banner ad copy, print ad copy, social media, show signage, presentations, sales collateral, advertisements, press releases, and other content to assist the Editorial department in promoting all For Her Myanmar domains and social media initiatives. This person will proactively update, manage and develop content for the www.forhermyanmar.com. The qualified candidate will also ensure content attracts a variety of target personas from students and career girls, to executive women and key influencers while improving the user experience of the brand through time-on-site metrics. The Content Writer should be able to work as part of a team and able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, be self-motivated with a positive attitude and have strong communications skills.
The content of each post will be at the writer’s discretion; however the topic will have to be in line with the editorial calendar for that section of the web site, to be determined on a monthly basis. Writers will post a bio and picture on the blog site as well. Web site updates, banner ads, and other online marketing content will be assigned on a need & ability basis.
- Assist as part of the Marketing team developing concepts, branding & messages to promote your section of the web site, events and club memberships. Work with community management team to build engagement amongst followers and connections.
- Provide compelling on-line social media content, join appropriate on-line trade groups, connect with other industry contacts, press, bloggers and interested individuals in an effort to promote your content and forhermyanmar.com.
- Work with external resources and experts to develop white papers & presentations about your content.
- Develop scripts for multimedia pieces and interview Q&As.
- Ensure content for three blog posts per day, averaging 200-400 words.
- Secure an average of two articles per week averaging 500 – 750 words posted for “Her Secret Content” section for club members.
- Secure other content as assigned on as needed basis.
- Previous experience in the medical field. We are particularly interested in a writer who has worked as a nurse or patient care and would like an opportunity to write about prevent illnesses, rather than dealing with the diseases themselves, although that could also be portion of the content. Experience writing for young, hip, aspirational Burmese women.
- Established memberships on social networks such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and Viber are highly desirable.
- Success in writing sales content for B2C audiences of particular interest.
- Demonstrated ability to understand your specialty concept.
- Demonstrated ability to write to topics of interest for our audiences.
- Excellent track record & performance with online brands.
- Creative with good attention to detail.
- Excellent writing skills, grammar, punctuation and spelling in the Burmese language.
- Outstanding time management, organizational skills, and work ethic.
- Excellent spoken and written communications skills.
- Excellent inter-personal and listening skills.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, Internet, etc.)
- SEO skills highly desirable.
- WordPress, HTML & CSS experience preferred.
- Strong communicator who pays attention to details and deadlines.
- Mature individual who commits realistically and takes accountability for his or her commitments.
- Excellent team player.
- Exceptionally organized and result oriented.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proactive individual who foresees problems, thinks creatively, and suggests solutions.
- Opportunity to improve your creativity and explore your limits.
- Unique experience in an international and entrepreneurial environment
- Unparalleled personal and professional improvement.
- Complete ownership of projects and red-tape free “work hard-party harder” environment.
- Opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, energetic team full of talented people to make history.
- Excellent base salary commensurate with experience along with very significant performance incentives.