Position: Community Manager
Company and Position Profile:
For Her Myanmar is one of the largest online communities created exclusively for Myanmar women. We provide exclusive club memberships for students, career girls, and executives across Yangon, Mandalay and Nay Pi Taw (other cities to be added shortly). Club memberships include surprise gift boxes each month, free entry to four exciting events each month, along with exclusive content and significant discount shopping opportunities with our online ecommerce partners.
Please visit our website www.forhermyanmar.com for more information.
Reports to: Managing Director
As the Community Manager, you will be responsible for interacting with the For Her Myanmar community online (Facebook comments and private messages, messages on the blog, Instagram comments, etc.). This person will post updates on our Facebook pages that connect to all new content added that day to our website: forhermyanmar.com. The Community Manager will find, create and post one “engaging post” per day and regular ones on other platforms. This person will respond to commenters by responding in a positive and supportive manner, even if a post is negative and come up with a solution to create delight in that commenter whenever possible. Implement, analyze, track, and report all activity from our community social media and web site. This weekly report to be shared with senior management and Editor-in-Chief in order pivot on editorial strategy to improve engagement and reach.
The Community Manager is always positive and supportive. The qualified candidate will also ensure members feel that the social media content they read from For Her Myanmar makes them feel like they are part of an exclusive sisterhood, different from any other women’s program available in Myanmar. The Community Manager will attend all four events each month and post live to Facebook and Instagram telling the story of each event as it happens. You will take photos, and videos and post updates as the events occur. You will create an album after the event and tag as many people as possible to extend our reach. This activity should create value for each member and help increase or extend their memberships in the club.
- Assist as part of the Marketing team reporting both positive and negative feedback to the appropriate department and senior management in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with all Marketing Executives – Club Member Sales and Support to promote their events, and maximize the number of “Interested”, “Going”, likes and shares for each event.
- The Community Manager is responsible for generating a significant increase in all metrics measured on Insights and Google Analytics, more specifically followers, reach, likes, shares, and web site traffic
- Experience managing or assisting in managing online communities for young, hip, aspirational Burmese women.
- Established memberships on social networks such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and Viber are highly desirable.
- Success in writing promotional content for B2C audiences of particular interest.
- Demonstrated ability to drive event attendance and create interest in club memberships via social media.
- Creative with good attention to detail.
- Excellent writing skills, grammar, and spelling in the Burmese language.
- Outstanding time management, organizational skills, and work ethic.
- Excellent spoken and written communications skills.
- Excellent inter-personal and listening skills.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, Internet, etc.).
- Willing to work some weekend days or evenings to document events. (Don’t worry – we’ll give you another day off after the event or you can come in late if you’re working an evening program.
- Strong communicator who pays attention to details and deadlines.
- Mature individual who commits realistically and takes accountability for his or her commitments.
- Excellent team player.
- Exceptionally organized and result oriented.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proactive individual who foresees problems, thinks creatively, and suggests solutions.
- Opportunity to improve your creativity and explore your limits.
- Unique experience in an international and entrepreneurial environment
- Unparalleled personal and professional improvement.
- Complete ownership of projects and red-tape free “work hard-party harder” environment.
- Opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, energetic team full of talented people to make history.
- Excellent base salary commensurate with experience along with very significant performance incentives.